Grant Thornton LLP Strategic Planning Senior Associate in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Strategy service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Lead strategic and operational planning for a large federal IT organization. * Engage with senior executives of the IT organization to support development of operational plans to include operational objectives, key initiatives, and key results indicators aligned to the organization's strategic goals. * Integrate governance into the strategic planning process. * Lead communications and change management as it relates to strategic and operational planning. * Provide support to government client in developing executive level communications and reporting. * Support development of a strategic plan to include conducting environmental scans, gap analyses, and developing strategic options. * Facilitate large meetings of senior executives. * Manage special projects/ adhoc assignment as necessary. * Oversee development of junior resources. * Synthesizes available information into cohesive reports and recommendations * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Three or more years’ experience consulting to federal government clients, particularly the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Expertise in strategic and operational planning.
- Ability to work with and communicate with senior-level executives.
- Experience with executive communications, presentations and other methods and ability to develop and deliver communications.
- Ability to work independently to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Strategic Planning Senior Associate
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 040797