Grant Thornton LLP Senior Financial Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Financial Management service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Leading the junior financial analyst through completion of requested deliverables, and control daily activities by constantly measuring, evaluating, and correcting daily, routine, and emerging activities. * Preparing budget estimates and consolidating budget forecasts. * Providing budget justifications by compiling, comparing, and correlating information about current and future programs. * Developing and tracking reimbursable multi-year budget planning documents. * Monitoring, analyzing and evaluating spending relative to budget and planning documents. * Developing and implementing strategic and program planning efforts. * Performs budget formulation procedures/processes involving independent assessments and preparation of detailed analyses, budget estimates, special reports, and other documentation. * Performs budget execution oversight involving multi-year direct and reimbursable accounts involving the administration and review of requests for allotments of budget authority for distribution to regional activities nationwide. * Provides financial advisory services to extensive and diverse customer base. * Providing constant status reports on all deliverables requested by the Branch Chiefs, Deputy Director and Senior leadership as needed. * Uses automated budgetary system(s) and computer-generated products in accomplishing budgeting assignments. * Knowledge of the DHS Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution process and its products, terminology, and guidance documents, including budget and financial management regulations, OMB circulars, and Congressional Legislation. * Expert knowledge of MS Office, particularly MS Excel and MS Word * Ensuring all Contractor work performed under this SOW is accurate and complete. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or related discipline is required
- 10yrs of budget/financial management with 5yrs as a team lead/supervisor
- Ability to conduct detailed research and analysis of technical and cost data; expertise in analyzing and identifying improvements
- Strong analytical capability along with data proficiency
- Ability to read and interpret management policy, regulations and directives
- Preferred knowledge of FFMS and Discoverer
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 041584