Grant Thornton LLP Operations Researcher in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Financial Management service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client project
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Support the development lifecycle cost estimates, trade studies, analyses of alternatives, statistical analyses, forecasts and other quantitative analyses for client decision-making. * Conduct the necessary research using Gartner, Forrester and other tools to gather information on best practices and apply them to client operations. * Support the analysis of the costs, effectiveness and risks associated with alternatives to determine the most appropriate course of action. * Develop options for recommendations and supporting justification to optimize the allocation of client resources. * Prepare reports and presentations for senior-level clients and decision-makers. * Advise and share information with project team that may impact or add value to tasks being performed concurrently. * Assist project manager with project management activities, such as status reports and forecasting. * Maintain good working relationships with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff to perform engagement services. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, economics, engineering, math, or science.
- 2-4 years’ experience in cost and alternative analysis, preferably in predictive modeling, financial analyses and management consulting.
- Able to take direction and with minimal oversight, conduct research and analysis to provide insights.
- Excellent problem-solving, communications and presentation skills.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to work with technical teams and business users.
- Familiarity with cost estimating models, modeling and simulation principles, and operations research methods, particularly with statistical data analyses.
- Knowledge of ABC software, such as Oracle/Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a project team.
- 3 plus years of relevant/specialized experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Operations Researcher
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 039297