Grant Thornton LLP Management Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Associate to join its Decision Analytics service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Assist in the design and implementation of advanced analytic solutions * Assist in the application of advanced analytic and technical thought leadership * Participate in meetings with client stakeholders * Query and mine large data sets to discover patterns, examine data and filter for targeted information using traditional/exploratory, as well as advanced analytic techniques * Use advanced business analysis and appropriate analytic tools to support advanced analytic development and presentation of results through visualization and scenario generators * Work with and within cross-functional teams to identify appropriate business solutions to client challenges * Assist in the establishment of standards in advanced analytics to ensure consistency in quality across projects and teams and identify relevant work processes * Maintain good working relationships with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff to perform engagement services. * Excellent problem-solving, communications and presentation skills. * Strong customer focus with the ability to work with technical teams and business users. * Ability to work independently or as a member of a project team. * Ability to work overtime required on occasion. * Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance. * Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- 3 years’ experience manipulating large datasets and applying analytic techniques, e.g. applied math, econometrics, data mining, optimization, simulation, statistics, text mining
- Experience using statistical packages, such as MATLAB, SAS, R, SPSS, SQL, Stata, or python.
- Knowledgeable in big data search technologies, including Hadoop 2.x, Elastic Search 1.4x, Sqoop, and Pig
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Qlik, Tableau, Cognos, or Microsoft Power BI, Visio
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Management Analyst
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 041587