Grant Thornton LLP Internal Controls/Financial Policy Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Risk Advisory service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Responsible for meeting minutes, program management, weekly status meetings, monthly progress reports, knowledge management. * Responsible for the analysis of the creation, revision, enforcement, or retraction of VA financial policies based on the impact of the iFAMS target state business processes. * Responsible for reading all of Client’s financial policies and analyzing policies for gaps and necessary updates. * Once gaps and updates are identified, will be responsible for drafting policy language for Client review. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Prior internal controls and the use of policies to implement a strong internal controls environment.
- Preferred individual with experience writing financial policies.
- Momentum system experience preferred.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and have strong writing abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Internal Controls/Financial Policy Analyst
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 039740