Grant Thornton LLP Data Management Specialist – Senior Manager in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Manager to join its Decision Analytics service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Manager will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Lead the design and implementation of advanced data architecture solutions. * Adhere to guidelines of the Data Management Association (DAMA) International, Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBOK) version 2.0. * Analyze large, unstructured, and complex finance, procurement, and asset management data sets identifying data anomalies, issues, and approaches to resolve discrepancies. * Identify data anomalies and issues in financial data and define approaches to correct errors through scripts, business process re-engineering, or other resolution activity. * Facilitate data, reporting and analytics design review sessions, testing cycles, including the creation of test scenarios and scripts, validation and other post-deployment activities. * Develop a comprehensive data management program to address data vulnerabilities and adopt standards for strong data management across Client’s digital economy. * Develop and deliver data management documents to improve the way Client acquires, stores, manages, shares and uses data. The data management documents shall address data map, data dictionary, storage and data integration. * Lead meetings with client stakeholders. * Work with and within cross-functional teams to identify appropriate business solutions to client challenges. * Identify and develop new service offerings and solutions that can be brought to market. * Supervise and provide training/mentorship to Managers/Senior Associates/Associates throughout the engagement lifecycle and assess staff performance. * Maintain good working relationships with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff to perform engagement services. * Assist/lead business development activities, such as proposals, capture, whitepapers, and/or other thought leadership materials. * Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management. * Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work. * Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Act as performance manager (coach) for up to four coachees outside of engagement responsibilities. * Interview campus and/or experienced candidates
- Strong working experience with BI tools, such as PowerBI, Qlik.and Tableau.
- Professional development experience with and knowledge of relational databases and enterprise data warehouses, including work with MySQL, SQL Server, and Oracle preferred.
- At least 12 years’ experience manipulating large datasets and applying data management best practices.
- Specific in-depth experience in developing and operating data architecture programs based on GAO and OMB guidance.
- Prior Healthcare industry related experience highly desired.
- Stay abreast of contemporary technology trends/concepts and serve as an SME for the business teams.
- Experience managing advanced data management projects and supervising teams.
- Experience developing and implementing data management plans in large, complex, national environments.
- Demonstrated experience with DMBOK Framework implementations.
- Excellent problem-solving, communications and presentation skills.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to work with technical teams and business users.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a project team.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Coach and mentor junior staff members.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Data Management Specialist – Senior Manager
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 038878