Grant Thornton LLP Data Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Decision Analytics service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Serve as the data analytics lead/support. This will include developing dashboards for the client and providing guidance/training to other team members in this area. * Coordinate with Grant Thornton’s technical team to develop and oversee testing of requirements for automating data integration between SQL Server and the dashboard. * Support the work stream lead and team in delivering performance management services. * Maintain daily interaction with client team members. * Support work stream lead in managing project milestones and deliverables. * Support the development of SharePoint based tools (desired, but not required) * Support the development of a data management strategy. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- At least 2 years of experience in consulting and supporting data analytics engagements.
- Experience in using data analytics tools such as Power BI or Tableau and analyzing large datasets.
- Experience in SharePoint.
- Experience in data management strategies and best practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Data Analyst
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 040801