Grant Thornton LLP Audit Remediation Team Lead in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Financial Management service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Posting to registers and ledgers; balancing and reconciling accounts; verifying the internal consistency, completeness, and mathematical accuracy of accounting documents. * Examining and verifying the clerical accuracy of various types of reports, lists, calculations, and postings. * Preparation of journal vouchers; making entries of adjustments to accounts; and working with spreadsheets. * Evaluates prior, current and future financial conditions of ongoing and future projects, programs and operations. * Develop and sustain solid relationships with client personnel and identify opportunities to provide additional services. * Contribute to design, preparation and analysis of reports and findings in a clear, logical and concise manner. * Advise and share information with project team that may impact or add value to tasks being performed concurrently. * Conduct data analyses and survey research. * Maintain good working relationships with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff to perform engagement services. * Assist with engagement management responsibilities, including project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- At least 4 years of relevant/specialized experience related to financial management accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA required
- Knowledge and understanding of the established and standardized bookkeeping and accounting procedures and techniques used in an accounting system, or a segment of an accounting system.
- Excellent problem-solving, communications and presentation skills.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to work with technical teams and business users.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Audit Remediation Team Lead
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 041629