Grant Thornton LLP Accountant II in Washington, District Of Columbia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Senior Associate to join its Risk Advisory service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Audit Remediation for IT NFRs: Complete the necessary analysis and remediation of the identified FM IT Systems when presented with an applicable IT NFR and CAP in order to support the client drive toward financial audit readiness. * FM Systems Consolidation, Portfolio Management, and Functional Data Management (FDM): Consolidate Financial Management IT systems, maintain repository of Financial IT systems, and improve Functional Data quality and management environment relative to best business and accounting practices. * Business Process Improvement: Support and define business process improvement initiatives. * Conduct reviews of current business processes and key management controls to determine process improvements. * Assist and support in the implementation of these business process improvements at the BSO level. * Support the data collection, validation, transformation, analysis, and reporting of the Defense Finance & Accounting Services Bill reports/E-Commerce Metrics. * Transformational Projects: Support the FMP Transformational efforts on Procure to Pay (P2P), Treasury Direct Disbursing (TDD), Electronic Procurement System (ePS), Reimbursable Work Order (RWO) G-Invoicing Implementation and Transformational Project Support, and other business process improvement and standardization projects. * Electronic Business Initiatives: Provide support to DASN(AP) electronic business initiatives across the acquisition domains for the Client and serve a liaise function between DASN(AP) and FMP. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Secret Clearance required.
- Minimum Experience: Experience in financial statement compilation and reporting process as well as audit response and remediation in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or Statements of Federal Financial Accounting Standards (SFFAS).
- Must have 5 years of full-time (excluding internships) experience within the past 10 years of progressive experience in the accounting field of Federal Government agencies or Fortune 500 companies.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Accountant II
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 041619