Grant Thornton LLP Transaction Services Strategic Solutions Transaction Accounting Director in United States
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Transaction Services Strategic Solutions Transaction Accounting Services[Sr. Mgr. OR Director]
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients. Transaction services creates value. OurTransaction Services (TS) delivery model includes the entire transaction lifecycle supporting clients throughout the lifetime of a deal. TS services include Diligence, Corporate Value Consulting, Strategic Solutions and Tax.
The Transaction Accounting Services [Sr. Manager OR Director] is responsible for overseeing all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Transaction Accounting Services includes the entire lifecycle of an engagement from evaluating carve-out readiness, supporting the 100 day planning and operational transition, and assisting in the separation of the business. The Divestiture Solutions team collaborates with the client by assisting in the preparation of carve-out financials; supporting the financial statement audit process; identifying organizational interdependencies; standing up an organization’s policies and procedures, and performing sell-side due diligence.
Responsibilities include planning, directing, and completing projects and developing and managing the team. This Transaction Accounting Services role works closely with partners and staff and plays a key role in client management, practice development, and business development for an assigned group of clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and oversee all aspects of engagements throughout the process, and coordinate the work performed by multiple service lines
- Serve as the day-to-day point person on engagements; lead meetings and calls with clients and target management
- Plan, execute, direct and complete divestiture solutions for financial sponsors and corporate clients from a variety of industries, including manufacturing and distribution, business services, technology, and healthcare, amongst others
- Manage client expectations concerning project deliverables and deadlines and lead change efforts effectively
- Facilitate the preparation of carve-out financials
- SupportSecurities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulatory filings for carve-outs
- Develop and maintain strong internal and client relationships in order to provide maximum value to our clients through the delivery of our full solution
- Manage business development activities, such as proposals, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership material
- Work closely with Grant Thornton managers and partners to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues
- Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor managers and staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus
- 10 plus years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing clients at a national level
- CPA or related license/certification
- Current or prior experience in a dedicated national divestiture solutions,carve-outs, or business separationsgroup is required
- Aptitude for facilitating a variety of approaches to complex separation and divestiture solution issues
- Strong current knowledge in US GAAP, GAAS, SEC Reporting, transaction advisory services and/or mergers and acquisitions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and simultaneous projects in a rapidly growing practice
- Strong leadership, business development, recruitment, training, and mentoring skills
- Excellent written, presentation, leadership, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed ( 75%) Benefits
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Transaction Services Strategic Solutions Transaction Accounting Director
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 041828