Grant Thornton LLP Technology & Transformation, Technology Strategy Senior Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
The marketplace is evolving. Customer and employee expectations are changing. What worked yesterday may not work as well tomorrow. Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals help companies stay ahead of the game with bold thinking, big ideas and progressive strategies.
Technology Transformation: When organizations want to unlock better performance, improve employee and customer engagement and deliver new technology-enabled products and services, technology transformation is key. The challenge is to transform and innovate amid the ongoing operational and competitive challenges that face every organization. Grant Thornton understands this challenge and applies deep technology, data, cloud and automation experience with fresh strategic thinking to find the best path to clients’ goals. With the right practical approach, clients can make the moves that will help them achieve their technology transformation vision.
- * Technology Strategy Senior Manager**
Grant Thornton is expanding its Technology Strategy capability with a focus on Private Equity, M&A transaction work, and the services to effectively deliver IT due diligence and integration / separation work for our clients. We are currently looking for highly talented and experienced technology-oriented consultant to work with our M&A partners, our Private Equity Industry group, and our clients to establish long term relationships and contribute to the growth of our Transformation practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES* *
- Market and sell GT’s technology focused M&A lifecycle services, including pre and post close services, to both PE groups and strategic buyers. o Identify and nurture new client relationships and maintain existing ones o Work collaboratively with the Firm’s marketing department, Transactions partners, and Private Equity industry group to develop thought leadership and marketing content and participate in marketing initiatives o Participate in events with the Firm’s Private Equity Industry group o Leverage existing Private Equity relationships into opportunities for the Firm o Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership material
- Work as part of a globally integrated and cross functional leadership team to sell and deliver M&A services including IT due diligence, Transition Services Agreement development, and IT separation and/or integration planning and execution.
- Deliver “buy” and “sell” side IT oriented consulting services to PE and corporate clients.
- Collaborate with Transformation teammates during the sales and delivery process.
- Identify opportunities to design & build common / reusable reports, separation/integration project charters, TSA agreements and schedules, post-close execution plans, program management toolsets and document them so they can be easily reused
- Lead training sessions on M&A for IT and best practices for using IT integration and separation tools to deliver M&A solutions
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management
- Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours
- Coach and mentor managers and staff as required
Other duties as assigned
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, MIS, and/or Information Technology
- MBA with MIS or similar degree concentration preferred.
- Focus on M&A in course work preferred
- 15-20 years of consulting experience
- Experience communicating effectively with C-Suite interactions, specifically CIOs, EVP of Corporate development, PE managing partners, Transactions partners, and CEO/COOs; able to deliver difficult messages with persuasiveness and sensitivity
- Advanced understanding of: o End-to-end software development frameworks o IT due diligence and synergy development o IT budget and cost modeling o IT Transition Service Agreement development and negotiation o Large-scale PMO concepts and delivery o IT strategy, governance, and operations
- Experience leading large-scale technology integration / separation projects
- Practice management experience including recruiting and mentorship, client account management, and solution offering development and marketing
- Experience with first principles thinking; can create frameworks and methodologies to solve challenging problems
- Experience analyzing complex quantitative / qualitative data and synthesizing output
- Experience leading teams writing business cases (financial, quantitative and qualitative) to support strategic business initiatives, process improvement initiatives, or IT transformations
- Experience leading teams building and analyzing financial models and budgets
- Ability to travel on short notice and work additional hours as necessary.
Travel percentage: 60-80% REWARDS AND BENEFITS
* * Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visitrewards and benefits. _ _
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For Los Angeles Applicants only://We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Title: Technology & Transformation, Technology Strategy Senior Manager
Requisition ID: 048173