Grant Thornton LLP Tax Manager - SALT Indirect Sales & Use in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Grant Thornton’s responsive, partner-led Tax service teams help dynamic companies navigate complexity and grow with insightful, practical tax advice. In addition to tax professionals across the United States, our Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical knowledge and responsive support in local, state, federal and international tax. Our tax services include: compliance, human capital services, federal tax services, international tax services, state and local tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advisory, partnership taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers & acquisition tax services. Specifications regarding the posted position follows.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:**
- Final review of client sales and use tax returns prepared/reviewed by staff; detailed review of sales and use tax returns for more complex clients.
- Provide constructive technical review comments to staff and recommend continuous improvement opportunities.
- Interact closely with clients regarding compliance, consulting and engagement administration matters.
- Research and consult on various client tax matters; utilize tax software to review returns and research tax matters; preparation of technical memorandums.
- Manage engagements from start to finish, including budgeting, staffing, scheduling, billing and delivering quality client tax services.
- Supervise, develop and mentor staff; provide regular performance feedback and for annual reviews.
- Support upper management with respect to business development, branding opportunities, practice/human capital administration, policies and procedures, and onboarding of new clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or; other major with qualifying experience.
- CPA or CMI certification.
- 2 – 5 years of sales tax return review experience.
- Strong tax technical, analytical, organization and communication skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to supervise staff, lead engagements and communicate with clients.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Vertex Returns experience is a plus.
Preferred Skills and Experience: * Ability to work in time-compressed environment to meet monthly tax return filing deadlines; public accounting experience is a plus. * Aptitude for computer automated processes and data analysis.
Additional Information: * Ability to work additional hours as needed and occasional travel to various client sites. Benefits:
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices, with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Tax Manager - SALT Indirect Sales & Use
Requisition ID: 041579