Grant Thornton LLP Mergers & Acquisitions Tax Senior Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
M&A Tax Services Senior manager
Grant Thornton’s responsive, partner-led Tax service teams help dynamic companies navigate complexity and grow with insightful, practical tax advice. In addition to tax professionals in our offices across the United States, our Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical knowledge and responsive support in local, state, federal and international tax. Our tax services include: compliance, human capital services, federal tax services, international tax services, state and local tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advisory, partnership taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers & acquisition tax services.
The M&A Tax Services Senior manager will be responsible for the delivery of a full range of M&A Tax services to various clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities will include: interacting closely with the firm’s clients to provide innovative tax planning and consulting services in a highly responsive transactional environment that will drive value throughout a client’s investment decision; developing and managing a high functioning team of professionals that work closely with and collaborate among senior transaction professionals of the firm; the candidate will also be expected to participate in developing new relationships that will drive personal and firm growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversee the efforts of multiple client service teams on client engagements where the candidate will plan, direct and execute on M&A tax consulting projects in a wide variety of industries within a highly diverse client base that includes financial and strategic sponsors. The candidate will work with senior professionals in marketing, selling, designing, and implementing tax-planning strategies to new and existing firm clients while managing all financial aspects of the projects which includes scoping, pricing, budgeting, invoicing and collection.
· Develop relationships with the firm’s senior client serving professionals in different lines of business to drive firm growth by introducing the breadth of the services the firm has to offer its existing and new clients.
· Develop and maintain new business and client relationships, both with existing Firm clients and new clients.
· Manage, develop, train, and mentor M&A tax staff on tax projects and assess their performance for on the engagement by providing timely feedback at the end of each engagement.
· Work effectively with our Washington National M&A tax services team in providing state-of-the art tax thought leadership.
· Other job duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree. CPA, Masters in Taxation, or JD
· A minimum of eight years of progressive federal tax consulting experience, as well as some amount of business entity tax compliance, experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience a plus.
· Outstanding, proven experience in working effectively in a team environment, including all aspects of staff development, which may include team members in other offices.
· Technical expertise in transaction tax and related matters, including significant experience conducting buy and sell-side tax due diligence projects, including diligence on pass-through entities; design and development of transaction structures using both corporate and pass-through entities; assessment of corporate tax attributes including historical tax basis, earnings and profits, and limitations applicable to net operating losses and tax credits, post-transaction planning including legal entity rationalization and application of consolidated return regulations.
· Superior analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills, proven ability to adapt to different situations, identify issues and work with specialists in other tax technical areas to resolve issues.
· Computer expertise including knowledge of tax software and technology, including spreadsheet modeling.
· Ability to work additional hours and travel domestically, as needed.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices, with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Mergers & Acquisitions Tax Senior Manager
Requisition ID: 040639