Grant Thornton LLP HR Transformation Manager - Operations Transformation in New York, New York
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Operations Transformation Advisory – HR Transformation Manager
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, and transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients. The Business Consulting & Technology practice transforms value. Our Business consulting & Technology (BC&T) practice consists of Financial Management, Strategy & Performance Improvement, Technology Strategy & Management and Technology Solutions.
Grant Thornton LLP is currently seeking a Manager for our HR Transformation Practice in the Advisory Operations Transformation organization
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES * Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management * Lead multiple client service delivery teams in the active execution of engagements in compliance with firm and practice unit service delivery standards * Utilize technical and industry knowledge to identify complex client issues and concisely communicate ideas through PowerPoint and other documentation while adjusting style and level of details depending on audience * Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership material * Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services * Work closely with Grant Thornton senior managers and partners to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues * Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence * Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews * Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related discipline from an accredited college/university is required; MBA or an advanced degree from an accredited college/university is desirable.
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant work experience related to human resource consulting required
- Two (2) years of experience in advisory services within a major consulting firm required. Internal HR experience a bonus.
- Experience leading business transformation projects with previous experience leading large scale HR Transformation efforts and has leveraged PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project, and other Microsoft tools to develop work plans, articulate complex issues, analyze data, and structure information
- Deep understanding of business processes, project management methodologies, and HR leading practices
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish rapport with clients and colleagues
- Travel percentage: 50-80%
- Ability to travel on short notice and work additional hours as necessary.
- Approved locations: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; Dallas, TX Benefits:
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: HR Transformation Manager - Operations Transformation
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 042636