Grant Thornton LLP Cyber Risk Data Protection and Privacy Sr. Manager in New York, New York
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Cyber Risk Services - Data Protection and Privacy Senior Manager [or Director]
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, and transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients. The Business Risk Services (BRS) practice protects value. The BRS Practice includes Risk Advisory Services, Forensic Advisory Services and Data Analytics.
As global privacy regulations become increasingly complex, organizations need professional advices to address both privacy compliance requirements and related operational implications. Grant Thornton's Cyber Risk practice provide in-depth professional services to our clients helping them with data protection and privacy challenges. Within the Cyber Risk practice, our Data Protection and Privacy discipline offers an opportunity for you to leverage your privacy regulatory and operational knowledge and experience to broaden your business and consulting skills in a rewarding and challenging environment. The Data Protection and Privacy – Senior Manager is responsible for all phases of business development, delivering a full range of services to clients and all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients. Responsibilities include engagement planning, directing, and completion of privacy impact and program assessments and design/ implementation of privacy policies and procedures as well as data protection solutions; developing and supervising other Grant Thornton project teams; and leading client management and practice development activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Execution of assigned client engagements from start to finish, which includes the engagement planning, directing, and completion of privacy impact assessments, compliance assessments, and other related privacy projects while managing those engagements to budget.
- Apply current knowledge of data protection and privacy trends and to issues and other opportunities for improvement.
- Assist clients in planning and executing implementation plans identified in assessment activities.
- Work with the client to plan an engagement strategy, define objectives, and address technology- related controls risks and issues.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Work closely with Grant Thornton partners, principals, and managing directors to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues.
- Identify, research, and develop market alliance relationship with leading privacy solution providers.
Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree such as a J.D. is a significant plus.
- Ten years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function, servicing cross- industry clients at a national level.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA privacy, Privacy Shield, GDPR, CANSPAM, and other privacy regulations, and privacy framework especially as it relates to building a privacy and data protection for global organizations.
- Experience in working with data mapping and data discovery methodologies and solutions.
- Experience in working with industry leading privacy solutions such as Nymity, Prifender, OneTrust, PrivacyCheq, PrivacyPerfect, etc.
- Experience in Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solution and DLP managed services is a plus.
- Certification(s) Preferred: Obtained or demonstrates an active pursuit of one or more of the following certifications: Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT), Certified Information Security Manager
- Experience in project management and the ability to clearly communicate data protection and privacy issues verbally on both a formal and informal basis to all levels of client staff.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel on a regular basis to clients as required.
- Travel for this position can be as high as 60%.
- Locations available are: New York, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Chicago BENEFITS
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Cyber Risk Data Protection and Privacy Sr. Manager
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 042622