Grant Thornton LLP Controls Advisory IT, Senior Associate in New York, New York
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Controls Advisory IT Senior Associate, Business Risk Services
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, and transform value today so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our Advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients. Business Risk Services protects value. The Business Risk Services (BRS) practice includes Risk Advisory Services, Forensic Advisory Services and Data Analytics.
The Business Risk Services Controls Advisory IT Audit Senior Associate is responsible for delivering a full range of services to clients and all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients. Responsibilities include planning, directing and completing information systems audits and business process control review engagements; developing and supervising staff; and assisting in client management and practice development activities. What makes this position unique among your job opportunities is that we ask our IT Seniors to help us look for innovative new solutions in the market – and to deliver those solutions with us. We don’t just want auditors or consultants, we want innovators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities * Look for new solutions to old problems with leading edge technologies. Help us deliver IT Control assessments with the latest in cognitive intelligence and other analytic tools. * Run client engagements from start to completion, which includes planning, executing, and completing information systems audits and business process control reviews, and managing to budget. * Work with management consulting teams or clients to implement controls in new systems deployments or evaluate controls post implementation. * Supervise, train and mentor associates and interns on audit and review process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed. * Evaluate and test IT General Controls and associated IT Application/Automated Controls, and identify areas of risk. * Apply current knowledge of IT trends and systems processes to identify security and risk management issues and other opportunities for improvement. * Perform general computer and application controls reviews. * Prepare Special Attestation Reports (SAR) in compliance with AICPA guidance. * Participate in internal auditing outsourcing and co-sourcing arrangements for clients. * Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform applicable BRS services. * Assist partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls. * Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
· Working with BRS team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit and review process.
· Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
· Identify sales opportunities for other service offerings based upon information provided by clients and/or client discussions.
· Participate in recruiting efforts (both campus and experienced hire) as needed.
· Assist practice leadership in creating proposals, budgets, and work plans. Participate in other business development activities as appropriate.
· Other duties as assigned.
* * Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field, or Bachelors degree in business with technical experience. A Master’s degree is a plus. * Understanding or familiarity with basic coding (programming) principles in any common object oriented programming language (python, java, PHP, VBA, etc.).
- One to six years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
- Security experience or security training, and Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 experience is preferred.
- Areas of expertise should include at least some of the following: access control software, security architecture and administration, Internet use/firewalls, network security awareness and enforcement, security policies and standards, operating systems.
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
- Experience auditing common ERP systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle products, Microsoft Dynamics products) is a plus.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Strong leadership, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills. Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel on a regular basis to clients as required.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Controls Advisory IT, Senior Associate
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 041344