Grant Thornton LLP A123 Consultant in Los Angeles, California
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Risk Advisory service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
_Please Note: This role is located in Barstow, CA._
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Develop and release necessary standard guidance to ensure Existence and Completeness of key asset categories. * Develop work plans to ensure physical inventory (or acceptable substitution) is completed for Real Property, Equipment, OM&S and Inventory. * Ensure completion of APSR to TB reconciliations by the 30th of each month. * Perform root cause analysis on APSR to TB reconciliation variances; reduction goal of 25%. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Secret Clearance required.
- Minimum Experience: Relevant, Marine Corps specific experience in order to assist in the establishment of an effective internal control environment in accordance with the GAO Green Book and OMB A-123.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of full-time (excluding internships) experience within the past 5 years of progressive experience providing internal control related services to the Marine Corps.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: A123 Consultant
Location: CA-Los Angeles
Requisition ID: 041609