Grant Thornton LLP Accounting Advisory Senior Associate in Houston, Texas
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Accounting Advisory Senior Associate
Accounting Advisory Services professionals help clients address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. We provide our services for clients to address their transactional, regulatory and strategic needs. More specifically, we help our clients with support on complex accounting matters arising from regulatory or strategic business changes such as adoption of new accounting standards, accounting framework conversions, IPO or other public offering assistance and on-call accounting advice, among others. Our people provide the best in class advice and build long-lasting relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities * Consulting on complex accounting transactions * Ensuring work is performed timely, with quality, and in compliance with regulatory requirements Engaging client stakeholders including external auditors, audit committees, and client management to identify, assess, and deliver the correct advice * Identifying regulatory and market trends that are applicable to clients and become a trusted advisor * Being active in the market, building relationships within and without Grant Thornton, and leveraging existing Grant Thornton network to identify new opportunities * Collaborating within the Accounting Advisory Service practice, across regional teams, and across functional service personnel to identify whitespace opportunities on existing clients and providing an integrated “One Grant Thornton” experience to our clients * Having an entrepreneurial mindset and contribute to growth of Accounting Advisory Services * Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance, mathematics, or related discipline, MBA a plus.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in providing financial statement audits, accounting advisory services, or corporate accounting/finance center of excellence experience focusing on complex accounting transactions
- Strong technical skills and deep understanding of at least one to two specific industries or marketplace
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service, technical writing skills and research skills
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites
- Leadership skills and ability to motivate others in face of tight deadlines or complex situations requiring on the spot thinking
- Developmental skills to train and mentor team members Preferred Knowledge Areas
- Accounting standards including ASC 606 and/or ASC 842
- Complex debt, equity and employee compensation topics
- IPO process or other capital transactions such as debt offerings or private placements Organizational restructuring including acquisitions, carve-outs or spin-offs and post deal accounting
- GAAP conversions
- Financial instruments Additional Information
- Travel Percentage: 50%
Ability to work additional hours and travel domestically as needed.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Accounting Advisory Senior Associate
Requisition ID: 041942