Grant Thornton LLP Technology Content Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 100 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
The content marketing manager is responsible for planning, developing, executing and evaluating technology content. He/She must be able to develop approaches that align to the firm content strategy, support the business and brand goals and ensure the execution of that strategy is best in breed. The individual will lead the content development and delivery and work closely with the digital and creative teams to create impactful, shareable, and engaging content that is built for channel.
- Deep experience in creating, writing, researching, and producing content in multiple formats including multimedia, video and immersive digital experiences.
- Must have experience with a wide variety of thought leadership including research reports, articles, white papers, video, infographics, etc.
- Develops a deep understanding of technology as a topic. Possesses a strong familiarity with business technology topics including but not limited to: enterprise technology management, blockchain, cryptocurrency, artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, machine learning and cloud technology.
- Understands business drivers and pain points of buyers/buyer personas and plan content calendar that helps them solve those needs.
- Must have an understanding of SEO, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurements.
- Leads editorial review board to ensure content is aligned to the goals of the business and support content strategy.
- Understand channel best practices including email, digital, and social media. Know what content approaches work on each channel and why
- Work across functions to ensure content assets are digital first, aligned to the brand, and highly creative.
- Manage a variety of resources including designers, writers, research agencies as well as any other agency personnel.
- Team closely with industry, service line, and regional marketing teams to assess if existing assets meet their needs and coordinate with research to identify plans to fill any gaps.
- Establish strong working relationships with partners and other SMEs to fuel the development of timely topics and content reviews.
- Collaborate with the digital and research teams to ensure we have the right content to deliver at the right time in the customer journey
- Works with editorial team to ensure content follows editorial governance and is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone
- Maintain project plans, workflows and editorial calendars throughout the content process.
Evangelize content across digital, social and traditional channels and internally. Socialize or train regional and national marketers and others who submit content about branding and best practices that affect content.
Content strategy and development experience in a B2B environment is preferred. Business technology topics including but not limited to: enterprise technology management, blockchain, cryptocurrency, artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, machine learning and cloud technology is strongly preferred.
- Collaborates effectively with other areas of the organization.
- Present ideas and works with confidence. Capable ofinfluencing others regardless of reporting line.
- Unafraid of the unfamiliar and unexpected. Embraces change and can advance programs and projects amidst ambiguity.
- Ability to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Has a passion for your work and a hunger to keep progressing professionally.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.3 billion and operates 57 offices across the U.S., with more than 500 partners and 6,000 employees.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Technology Content Manager
Requisition ID: 042062