Grant Thornton LLP Instructional Design Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you’ll work with a team of professionals, dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
The Colleague Learning & Effectiveness (CLE) Instructional Design role supports assigned Relationship Leader(s) in the CLE function and is responsible to consult with internal clients and lead/manage the design, development and deployment of targeted learning interventions that align to and ensure attainment of client’s business objectives.
Qualifications (Characteristics, skills/abilities, academic)
The ideal candidate will be:
A business-minded learning professional with multiple years of increasingly responsible instructional design and and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a culture that is collaborative, service-oriented, and consultative
Highly action-oriented, with a leadership style characterized by strong influencing skills; someone who is a change agent who can build collaborative relationships across a matrixed organization
A functional learning professional who delivers services with a pragmatic approach to business partnership and operations
An effective coach and mentor with engaging and approachable personality
History of working successfully with all levels of staff, from front-line through senior executive
A learning consultant demonstrating best practices in adult learning, learner engagement and curriculum development
A proven expert in prioritization, delegation and negotiationwith demonstrated ability to be effective in supporting multiple stakeholders working in various locations across different business units
Confident with history of exhibiting strong personal initiative as someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done in a timely and consistent manner
Operationally focused with proven ability to deliver timely, consistent results
Metric-focused with ability and history of using analytics to solve problems and develop business solutions
- Consults with business leaders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to analyze and identify needs, collaborating with stakeholders to determine appropriate solutions
- Uses instructional design methodology to design, develop and deliver web-based self-study, face to face, virtual and blended learning solutions.
- Evaluates and measures instructional solutions to gauge effectiveness of the learning solutions
- Ownership, execution, and implementation of creative learning designs and complex project plans to achieve and deliver effective learning/performance solutions
- Support internal webcasts through ownership, processing and submission of all materials to ensure CPE compliance
- Exceed client expectations, drive accountability, support development through implementation of solutions (learning and non-learning) in all modalities, on time and on budget
- Build, maintain, and utilize networks of relationships to manage and effectively utilize resources (internal and external), project workflow, quality work product and budget
- Demonstrate proven ability and success with directing teams: supervising and/or influencing to create an atmosphere of trust and seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation
- Answer questions and provide direction to less-experienced staff; coach staff, and build relationships with experienced Managers, Directors, SMEs and Business Sponsors
- Understand and utilize key industry, business and organizational metrics to support the strategy of the firm, and the business priorities of the client/practice supported
- Monitor emerging learning trends and tools while assessing the viability of information into new and existing learning curriculum
- Work collaboratively to provide practical and targeted information/reporting to key stakeholders in a timely manner
- Demonstrate transparency, build things once and share them, seek advice, feedback, openly and proactively share feedback with others in the moment and across time
- Recognize and articulate the value of one’s own contribution and the contributions of others regularly with appreciation
- Communicate value, influence unwilling audiences without authority
- Provide input to CLE Business Learning Leaders, managers and staff for assigned service line/business unit
- Ensure that all CPE worthy learning solutions comply with NASBA, PCAOB and other governing and regulatory body requirements
- Collaborate with knowledge managers to incorporate systematic performance support options to learning and organization effectiveness solutions
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of seven years of proven success in progressive design, development and deployment management roles and project management, ideally in a matrixed environment within a professional services industry
- Experience designing & delivering highly interactive, experiential blended learning solutions utilizing various platforms
- Knowledge of how professional service firms and their various business segments work, how they make a profit and what makes them successful
- Consultative skills – ability to lead and collaborate with clients/stakeholders on the assessment, design, development and delivery of innovative and effective learning and performance soltions that align with the strategic busness needs of the organization
- Strong foundation in adult learning theory, and instructional systems design, and experience with advanced learning methodologies, frameworks, technologies and the use of social media to produce behavior change and performance results
- Proven expertise in prioritization, delegation and negotiation with demonstrated ability to be effective in supporting multiple stakeholders working in various locations across different business units
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with ability to quickly assess and summarize information and effectively identify issues or risks and potential resolutions
- Experience working with vendors (US and offshore) and managing vendor relationships
- A reputation for discretion, integrity, judgment, responsiveness, strong attention to detail and common sense
- Strong verbal, written communication & presentation skills
- Solid PC skills with expert proficiency in MS Office – specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint,Knowledge of and experience with learning development tools such as ArticulateStudio,Storyline,Camtasia,Captivate, GOMO, etc.
- Experience with competency models and experiential learning
- A portfolio of work samples - such as participant materials, design documents, storyboards, eLearning content for instructional design and
Ability to travel on occasion
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- * For Los Angeles Applicants only://We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Title: Instructional Design Manager
Requisition ID: 048154