Grant Thornton LLP Diligence Director in Chicago, Illinois
Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
The marketplace is evolving. Customer and employee expectations are changing. What worked yesterday may not work as well tomorrow. Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals help companies stay ahead of the game with bold thinking, big ideas and progressive strategies.
Our Advisory teams apply their deep experience and global footprint to challenge the status quo and develop custom strategies that work for you. With a focus on pragmatism, our outside-in, customer-led approach facilitates the agility and innovation necessary to be a future-ready organization. Our services support you wherever you are in your business cycle — whether you’re looking at a transaction to propel your company forward, focusing on developing and implementing the right controls to mitigate risk, or advancing your company’s finance and technology infrastructure to match your aspirations.
*Strategy & Transactions – Financial Diligence Director * * * Grant Thornton’s Strategy and Transactions (S&T) practice is focused globally on middle-market transactions, serving dynamic organizations with experienced professionals who bring a full range of advisory services to validate, optimize and create value. Our S&T practice is comprised of several integrated capabilities that support our clients' needs throughout the transaction lifecycle.
The Financial Diligence Director is responsible for overseeing all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities include planning, directing, and completing projects and services in financial due diligence and developing and managing staff. The Financial Diligence Director works closely with partners and staff and plays a key role in client management, practice development, and business development for an assigned group of clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities * Supervise and oversee all aspects of engagements throughout the transaction process, and coordinate the work performed by multiple service lines. * Serve as the day-to-day point person on engagements; lead meetings and calls with clients and target management. * Plan, execute, direct and complete financial due diligence for financial and corporate strategic buyers from a variety of industries, including manufacturing and distribution, non-profit, high-tech, real estate, and financial services. * Manage client expectations concerning project deliverables and deadlines and lead change efforts effectively. * Develop and maintain strong client relationships and cross-sell services. * Team with partners on proposals and business development calls. * Possess expertise in M&A due diligence skills from data room to reporting * Assess performance of managers, senior associates and associates for engagement and year-end reviews. * Recruit, manage, mentor, and train managers, senior associates and associates. * Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
0 plus years of related work experience in the following: accounting, audit or transaction in a similar consulting practice or function, servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
- CPA certification and relevant professional certifications a plus.
- Strong current knowledge in US GAAP, GAAS, SEC Reporting, transaction advisory services or mergers and acquisitions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and simultaneous projects in a rapidly growing practice.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruitment, training, and mentoring skills.
- Excellent written, presentation, leadership, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and up to 40% travel to various client sites.
- Locations of preference: Chicago, Manhattan, Boston, Philadelphia, DC, Dallas, LA, San Francisco
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
* * Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visitrewards and benefits.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- * For Los Angeles Applicants only://We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Title: Diligence Director
Requisition ID: 048189
Other Locations: US-Texas-Dallas, US-Virginia-Arlington, US-CA-San Francisco, US-MA-Boston, US-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, US-New York-New York