Grant Thornton LLP Mergers & Acquisitions Tax Senior Manager in Charlotte, North Carolina
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Mergers & Acquisitions Tax Senior Manager**
Grant Thornton’s responsive, partner-led Tax service teams help dynamic companies navigate complexity and grow with insightful, practical tax advice. In addition to tax professionals in more than 50 offices around the United States, our Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical knowledge and responsive support in local, state, federal and international tax. Our tax services include: compliance, human capital services, federal tax services, international tax services, state and local tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advisory, partnership taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers & acquisition tax services.
The Mergers & Acquisitions Tax Senior Manager is responsible for the delivery of a full range of tax services for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities include interacting closely with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise; providing primary and secondary review of complex tax returns; developing and managing staff, and working closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development, and business development activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities * Manage, direct, and monitor multiple client services teams on client engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete tax projects in a wide variety of industries; provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients, and manage to budget. * Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on tax projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews. * Conduct primary and secondary review of complicated or complex income tax returns including Corporate, S-corp., partnership and individual clients. * Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively. * Consult, work with, and service clients to make recommendations on business and process improvement and serve as a business adviser to client. * Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Masters in Taxation, LLM in Taxation, or JD. CPA required.
- Five to seven years of progressive federal tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
- Experience in Corporate, S-Corp, and/or Partnership returns.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, consolidated federal tax returns, partnership returns, and combined state tax returns.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Computer expertise including knowledge of tax software and technology. Additional information:
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites. Benefits:
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices, with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Mergers & Acquisitions Tax Senior Manager
Location: North Carolina-Charlotte
Requisition ID: 042289