Grant Thornton LLP IT Project Manager in Charlotte, North Carolina
Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you’ll work with a team of professionals, dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
We are looking for a forward-thinking Project Manager to join the Program Management Office within Grant Thornton’s Enterprise Transformation team. In this important role, you will work directly with Portfolio Manager and the PMO Lead, to serve as an Agile project leader and manager, innovation and technology champion, ScrumMaster, and coach. You will be responsible for timely and cost effective Agile project management and delivery of solutions.
Working with Product Owners and stakeholders from across Grant Thornton’s Tax, Audit, and Advisory service line and market teams, you will collaborate with all levels of the organizations. You will also work directly with, and provide oversight of, third-party software developers and cloud service providers within from the Firm’s partner ecosystem.
You will manage and lead Agile implementation and delivery initiatives, including SaaS, PaaS, and cloud-based digital solutions. Through these efforts, you will produce innovative products and solutions that deliver operational efficiencies or that can be taken to market as project accelerators or new business model offerings. You will be accountable for project scope, backlog grooming and management, project scoping, outcomes, and adherence to delivery plans. You will manage delivery of products and assets that drive client value and firm-wide revenue, quality improvement, and market growth.
You will work closely with Firm leaders to continually improve the Firm’s delivery capabilities. To this end, you will help develop training, recruiting, and staffing programs, and participate in planning, budgeting, and business development activities.
You will maintain a good working relationship with teammates, clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services.
- Help establish Agile delivery and management playbooks based on leading project management, Agile, continuous delivery, Lean, and quality practices.
- Continuously improve Agile toolkits, techniques, methods used to execute, track, and report on solution initiatives and improve collaborations.
- Perform Agile project management duties in support of the solution visions and scope defined by product managers.
- Manage a team responsible for on-time, on budget delivery of solutions, from needs analysis through development, test, and deployment.
- Develop, manage, and use I&A metrics, roadmaps, release and sprint plans, status reports, communications, risk registers, and program dashboards.
- Collaborate with and, as necessary, resolve conflicts with third-party ecosystem partners supporting innovation development and deployment.
- Coordinate internal resources and third-parties to achieve expected outcomes.
- Establish, track, and report on project budget, project spend, resource allocations, and reserves; and report project delivery plan variances.
- Continuously monitor, identify, evaluate, remediate, track, and report on risks and issues; escalates issues, risks, and performance variances in a timely manner.
- Monitor progress, analyze project data and reports project status and disposition to mangers and stakeholders on regular and timely basis.
- Effectively challenge, negotiate, and influence colleagues to produce value-add solutions that drive progress, and support the Firm’s culture and strategies.
- Key Innovation Delivery Manager tasks include:
- Develop project charter
- Define "Done" criteria
- Define "Ready" criteria
- Determine length of sprint
- Create release and sprint timeboxes
- Define, groom, and prioritize epics and features
- Identify feature dependencies and priorities
- Develop innovation Feature Roadmap
- Facilitate User Story Workshops
- Disaggregate and elaborate user stories from features
- Define user story acceptance criteria
- Identify user story dependencies and priorities
- Determine user story readiness
- Facilitate Release Planning Workshops
- Plan features into Release Plan
- Produce Release Plan
- Maintain Impediment Log
- Facilitate Daily Standup
- Participate in Daily Standup
- Facilitate Product Backlog Grooming Meetings
- Maintain, update, groom Product Backlog
- Resolve issues affecting team
- Facilitate Sprint Review Meeting
- Produce inspect and adapt metrics
- Facilitate Sprint Retrospective
- Participate in Sprint Retrospective
- Agree upon sprint process improvements
- Implement sprint process improvements
What we are looking for in you includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business field.
- 5 years of successful Agile project/program management experience; at least 3 in the professional services sector with an emphasis on technology and culture initiatives.
- Proven ability to prioritize and drive solution-centric efforts across a geographically distributed Agile teams of business and technology professionals.
- Strong background/experience with the utilization of digital, cloud-based emerging technologies and data analytics to drive innovation and client service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - Ability to communicate difficult subject matter in a clear and concise fashion and enable successful delivery of innovation.
- Ability to effectively execute job duties in a collaborative manner and with sound judgement, pragmatism, and a bias toward results.
- Self-confident, is comfortable presenting information to large groups of people, facilitating meetings, and building consensus.
- Strong and demonstrated skills in conflict resolution, collaboration, negotiation, influencing, and leadership.
- Strong organizational skills including critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- A practitioner of project management with multiple years of experience and practical application of various Agile project management methodologies, tools, and tactics.
- Highly action-oriented, with a leadership style characterized by strong influencing skills; someone who is a change agent who can build collaborative relationships.
- A practical project and change practitioner who delivers services with a pragmatic approach to solving business challenges.
- An advocate of continuous process improvement and proven experience in driving process efficiency, and simplification.
- An engaging and approachable personality and a significant history of working successfully with all levels of staff, from front-line through senior executive.
- Committed to personal and team excellence and someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), ScrumMaster (CSM), or similar project management certification.
- Extensive experience with and command of:
- Project Management methodologies (e.g. PMI)
- Agile frameworks, tools, and techniques (e.g. Scrum, SAFe)
- Process improvement practices (e.g. Kazan, Lean, TQM)
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visit www.gt.com.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For Los Angeles Applicants only: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Title: IT Project Manager
Location: North Carolina-Charlotte
Requisition ID: 047555
Other Locations: US-GA-Atlanta, US-IL-Downers Grove