Grant Thornton LLP Director of Thought Leadership, GT Labs in Charlotte, North Carolina
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
*Director of Thought Leadership, GT Labs *
GT Labs is an exciting new venture that has been established within Grant Thornton. In furtherance of the vision of Mike McGuire, CEO and Srikant Sastry, National Managing Principal, Advisory Services, to establish Grant Thornton as “the firm of the future,” our team has been charged with inventing, developing and delivering leading-edge tech solutions that serve the needs of GT colleagues and clients.
The Managing Director of GT Labs has additionally been charged with increasing public awareness of Grant Thornton’s thought-leadership, as well as introducing our technology products, advisory services and related abilities to the market.
To ensure the effective perpetuation of that message, we are looking for a truly exceptional professional to join our team as Director of Thought Leadeship. The person selected for this role will serve as an integral part of the GT Labs leadership team. This role will have primary responsibility for coordinating with various groups and stakeholders across the firm to craft and coordinate all marketing, business development and communications activities. The role will also work closely with the Managing Director to develop a cohesive strategy, voice, platform, perspective, and position – and will have sole responsibility for ensuring our messaging is consonant with the appropriate leaders and teams across the firm.
This role will be the primary contact for all external and internal GT partners including, but not limited to, marketing, communications, sales and service lines. This role will be charged with collaborating cross-functionally to design, build, launch and oversee marketing and communications programs that reinforce GT Lab’s process, strategy and mission, and ensure all branding, marketing, and messaging is aligned with the strategies established and led by leaders in Grant Thornton marketing and communications.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who excels with minimal supervision, takes initiative and asks questions to ensure optimization of programming to support a successful launch and continuously successful delivery. This role should be equally comfortable with big-picture thinking and attending to the most minute details.
Reporting to the Managing Director of GT Labs, serves as primary contact for internal stakeholders and external partners, providing vision and direction to: o Design, build and execute against internal and external campaigns and programs to build and amplify brand awareness for GT Labs. o Build out a strategy and manage external speaking, writing and appearance opportunities for team leadership, with input and support from marketing and BD partners. o Collaborate with marketing, communications, and business partners to ensure campaigns and initiatives are executed in accordance with objectives and align with GT visions and goals. o Analyze campaign results and recommend changes to future campaigns to improve performance.
Ensure success of GT Labs leadership meetings, internal and external speaking engagements and client interactions.
- Network with cross-functional leads, setting up and leading forums to familiarize them with the implementation and details of GT Labs.
- Build and maintain positive business relationships with internal groups, external clients and external organizations.
- Evaluate feedback and outcomes and make changes when and where necessary to ensure adoption and understanding.
- Contribute content to various publications and platforms including, but not limited to, books, articles, presentations, thought leadership, social media, etc.
- Manage team of writers, responsible for overseeing all day-to-day operations of publications including deadlines, assignments, content, etc.
- Participate in periodic business planning efforts.
Represent GT Labs leadership at forums and meetings when they cannot be present.
Master’s degree in a related area of study required
- 7-10 years’ experience in a communications-related field; preferably across various industries including professional services, publicly held and private companies
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in public relations
- Minimum 2 years’ experience designing and managing large scale conferences and meetings
- Proven experience overseeing communications to facilitate large-scale organizational transformations
- Experience working collaboratively on marketing and communications initiatives from conception to execution and evaluation
- Strong writing, editing, copy editing and presentation skills
- Outstanding networking and interpersonal skills with ability to build positive working relationships across senior leadership teams
- 5 years supporting executives at a large-scale organization, preferably in the areas of program development, program implementation, marketing and communications
- 3 years of experience driving high performing teams to design, build, evaluate, support, and continuously improve programs
- Excellent analytical, problem resolution, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated capability in verbal and written communication skills with clients, internal stakeholders, members of the media, and other professional organizations
- Fluency in at least one additional language preferred
- International work experience preferred
- Internal candidates given strong preference
- Ability to travel 25% of time Benefits
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Director of Thought Leadership, GT Labs
Location: North Carolina-Charlotte
Requisition ID: 042334