Grant Thornton LLP Business Consulting - Operations Transformation Financial Services Manager in Charlotte, North Carolina
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Business Consulting - Operations Transformation Financial Services Manager
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, and transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients. The Business Consulting & Technology practice transforms value. Our Business consulting & Technology (BC&T) practice consists of Financial Management, Strategy & Performance Improvement, Technology Strategy & Management and Technology Solutions.
The Financial Services Operations Transformation (FS OT) national practice aligns people, processes, and technology across middle & back office financial services functions to improve operational performance, reduce cost and increase revenue. FS Operations Transformation consultants accelerate business performance and help our financial services clients manage large and complex enterprise change by pinpointing new ways of working more efficiently and effectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As an Experienced Manager within the Operations Transformation Practice, you will help clients proactively shape and implement operations improvement initiatives across the national financial services sector. You will assist with the continued development of the solutions we offer our clients. Specific to client interaction, you will lead the delivery of OT engagements and work with mid/back office clients. In addition, you will collaborate across other service lines to identify ways to solve holistic client needs leveraging the full breadth and depth of our Firm. You will also coach our staff as they work on engagements and progress within the Firm.
- Leverage subject matter expertise and prior consulting experience as it applies to our core OT/Business Consulting solution offerings to lead the delivery of major transformation initiatives that will include performance improvement, implementation of enabling technology, and organizational change.
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project financials, deliverable quality review, and client management.
- Assist with the development of solution content, whitepapers, and/or other thought leadership material.
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and become a trusted business advisor.
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives while portraying knowledge and confidence.
- Lead as an operations transformation subject matter expert internally and to clients by regularly demonstrating thought leadership and creative approaches to solving client issues.
- Build on client relationships by building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and industry involvement and communicating our value proposition.
- Manage and minimize engagement delivery risk by proactively identifying issues and recommended courses of remediation to engagement teams.
- Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the professional services delivered.
Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Business, or related field.
- 5 years of related work experience in FS sector (banking, wealth, markets) with a minimum of 2 years in a similar consulting practice.
- Multiple instances of client project delivery experience in at least 3 of these areas within the FS sector: o Performance Improvement o Operations Management o Operations Transformation o Operational Controls and Efficiency o Process Management o Change Management
- Prior experience with large scale transformation projects in FS sector
- Agile/Waterfall/Six Sigma (optional)
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work additional hours on occasion in support of client sales or delivery efforts.
- Ability to travel as needed to meet with clients. Benefits
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Business Consulting - Operations Transformation Financial Services Manager
Location: North Carolina-Charlotte
Requisition ID: 042533