Grant Thornton LLP Regulatory & Compliance Solutions, Life Sciences, Director in Boston, Massachusetts
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Business Risk, Life Sciences Regulatory Compliance, Director
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients. Business Risk Services protects value. OurBusiness Risk Services (BRS) practice includes Risk Advisory Services, Forensic Advisory Services and Data Analytics.
The Regulatory Compliance Director assists clients in developing and executing regulatory risk strategies delivering projects on time, on budget, and with a high level of quality that promote innovation and growth, operational efficiency and process excellence, and sustained regulatory compliance across the life sciences value chain. Business development activities include assisting partners, principals, and managing directors throughout the entire sales cycle: client relationship building, opportunity creation/identification, opportunity qualification, proposals, statements of work, oral presentations, developing project approaches, resource models, and pricing estimates. Special emphasis on client relationship building, opportunity creation/ identification, and opportunity qualification. Additionally this role will develop and present thought leadership in the forms of point-of-views (POVs), whitepapers, conference presentations, and industry articles enhancing Grant Thornton’s brand and eminence.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform project engagement responsibilities including project planning, execution and risk management, client management, subject matter expertise and guidance, project financials, and performance reviews for project team members
- Lead business development activities throughout the entire sales cycle: client relationship building, opportunity creation/identification, opportunity qualification, proposals, statements of work, oral presentations, developing project approaches, resource models, and pricing estimates
- Develop and present thought leadership in the forms of point-of-views (POVs), whitepapers, conference presentations, and industry articles
- Promote innovation through research and creative thinking of clients’ future needs and developing new solutions and services to address them
- Meet or exceed sales targets for primary sales and sales support
- Meet or exceed managed revenue goal
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services
- Work closely with Grant Thornton managers and partners to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
- Develop, train, manage, coach, and mentor managers and staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
- Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered
- Interview campus and/or experienced candidates
Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Chemistry or other life sciences-related discipline. A graduate or professional degree is a plus.
- 15 plus years of life sciences industry experience with a specialization in regulatory compliance, product quality, and risk management across both biopharmaceuticals and medical device and diagnostics
- Demonstrated consulting experience preferably at a professional services firm servicing life sciences clients at a national level
- ASQ, RAPSor relatedlicense/certification a plus
- Communications skills (e.g. Excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Ability to work additional hours and travel to client sites, which could be up to 80% travel required.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the United States with more than 595 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
/For Los Angeles Applicants only:/We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Title: Regulatory & Compliance Solutions, Life Sciences, Director
Requisition ID: 042177