Grant Thornton LLP IT Audit Manager in Arlington, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Manager to join its Financial Management Audit service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Manager will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality. * Supervise the day to day execution of one or more engagements, with the ability to manage budget. * Review client deliverables and audit workpapers to ensure they are complete, accurate, and conform to defined standards. * Independently perform a major segment of an engagement, directing and instructing other auditors, including reviewing the work done and directing revisions as necessary. * Manage and coach staff as the evaluate controls and execute procedures. * Make decisions on routine accounting, auditing, and reporting matters. * Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts effectively. * Team with partners and senior managers on proposals and business development calls. * Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals. * Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews. * Actively participate in recruiting talent to the firm. * Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis. * Other duties as assigned. * Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management. * Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work. * Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Act as performance manager (coach) for up to four coachees outside of engagement responsibilities. * Interview campus and/or experienced candidates.
- Secret Clearance required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive audit experience in a medium to large public accounting firm or equivalent.
- Big 4 experience a plus.
- Active CISA license required.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP, GAAS, and GAGAS.
- Strong working knowledge of the GAO/PCIE Financial Audit Manual.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: IT Audit Manager
Requisition ID: 042604