Grant Thornton LLP IT Audit Associate in Arlington, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its IT Audit service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Assist in the review of operational, financial, and technology processes to provide management with an individual assessment of business risk, internal control, and the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the process. * Develop audit programs, working papers, and internal audit reports. * Work with auditing tools such as IDEA, Audit Control Language, and Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. * Assist clients and staff to develop client and project risk assessments, implement opportunities, and recommendations regarding business and IT process optimization, internal control, and compliance. * Work with audit and assurance teams and the client to help plan engagement strategy, help define objectives, and help address technology-related controls risks. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Actively working towards an appropriate technical certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP).
- Secret Clearance required.
- Ability to travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Coach and mentor junior staff members.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: IT Audit Associate
Requisition ID: 038814