Grant Thornton LLP IT Audit Associate in Arlington, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its IT Audit service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns throughout the engagement lifecycle and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews. * Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services. * Evaluate and test business processes, related controls and identify areas of risk. * Apply current knowledge of IT trends and systems processes to identify security and risk management issues and other opportunities for improvement. * Work with audit and assurance teams and the client to plan engagement strategy, define objectives, and address technology-related controls risks and issues. * Perform general computer and application controls reviews in accordance with GAO’s FISCAM methodology. * Develop and review Service Auditor Reports (SAR) in compliance with SSAE 16 * Work with GPS team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit and review process. * Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements. * Assist partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls. * Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements. * Federal Financial Statement Audit experience is required * Work with audit and assurance teams and the client to help plan engagement strategy, help define objectives, and help address technology-related controls risks. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Actively working towards an appropriate technical certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP).
- Secret Clearance required.
- Ability to travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Coach and mentor junior staff members.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: IT Audit Associate
Requisition ID: 042603