Grant Thornton LLP Controls Process Advisory, Senior Manager, Business Risk Services in Arlington, Virginia
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Business Risk Services – Controls Advisory Senior Manager
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
Business risk services protects value. Our Business Risk Services (BRS) practice includes Risk Advisory Services, Forensic Advisory Services and Data Analytics.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Business Risk Services (BRS) Controls Advisory Senior Manager is responsible for overseeing all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities include planning, directing, and completing internal audits, business process control reviews, activities related to Sarbanes-Oxley 404 internal control projects, and developing and managing staff. The BRS Senior Manager works closely with partners and staff and plays a key role in client management, practice development, and business development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: * Review operational, financial, and technology processes to provide management with an individual assessment of business risk, internal control, and the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the process as well as the risks associated with Sarbanes Oxley as it pertains to internal controls over financial reporting * Manage internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing engagements for clients * Manage the risk identification process and evaluation and testing of business processes and related controls * Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services * Work closely with Grant Thornton managers and partners to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues * Work collaboratively with other lines of service and practice areas to deliver other services * Work closely with clients and staff to develop client and project risk assessments, implement opportunities, and recommendations regarding business and IT process optimization, profit improvement, cost reduction, fraud prevention, internal control, and compliance. * Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence * Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management * Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership material * Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality * Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals * Work with the National BRS practice teams in terms of practice directions and leadership * Think strategically about practice enhancements and be able to implement and manage change * Handle day-to-day practice and client administrative matters (billing, performance reviews, client acceptance, engagement letter preparation, etc.) * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization) * Maintain strong client relations and cross-sell services within the assigned group of clients * Use established network of business relationships within industry groups to generate new sales opportunities * Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work * Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered * Recruit and retain managers, senior associates, and associates * Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews * Interview campus and/or experienced candidates * Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, MIS or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- 10 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
- CPA, CIA or similar license/certification.
- Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 experience preferred.
- Experience performing financial, operational, and system audits, as well as business process control reviews.
- Outstanding experience in staff and audit management in an integrated client service team.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in practice development, business development, and practice managers.
- Ability to be a trusted advisor to a client and to bring new and innovated ideas and best practices.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Outstanding leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Computer expertise including knowledge of audit-preparation software and an understanding of the impact of technology.
- Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.
- Ability to travel BENEFITS: Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.56 billion and operates 58 offices across the United States with more than 565 partners and 8,000 employees
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Controls Process Advisory, Senior Manager, Business Risk Services
Requisition ID: 041937