Grant Thornton LLP Veterans Affairs Business Development Executive in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking an experienced Business Development Executive to join its Public Sector Veterans Affairs account and take a lead role in capturing new business at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Grant Thornton’s Public Sector practice is passionate about accelerating change in government and leading the way in the 21st century. We work with executives and managers at all levels of government to create innovative solutions to their most pressing problems.
The Business Development Executive is a unique management level position, reporting directly to Grant Thornton Partners and Managing Directors, to have a meaningful impact on the growth of our business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Collaborate closely with Grant Thornton team members to develop short and long term growth strategies and to develop and execute relationship development and management strategies * Develop and maintain relationships with targeted executives * Lead business development activities such as capture, teaming, proposals, point of view whitepapers, congressional hearing and conference attendance. * Develop a strong pipeline and lead capture and proposal activities on multiple concurrent opportunities and run pipeline meetings and manage gate reviews * Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management. * Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work. * Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Act as performance manager (coach) for up to four coachees outside of engagement responsibilities. * Interview campus and/or experienced candidates.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of selling and/or delivering consulting services in the Federal government market, especially Veterans Affairs
- Proven track record of closing deals and winning contracts.
- Established professional network with government decision makers and potential teaming partners within the Department of Veterans Affairs and in the Federal healthcare market.
- Experience with managing the entire business development life cycle.
- Experience with selling advisory services for a full service professional services firm including services related to IT, organization transformation, decision analytics and financial management. Advisory services may include:
- Performance Transformation – strategic planning, organizational design, process transformation, performance management, budgeting and cost management, etc.
- Financial Management – financial operations and governance, risk, and compliance
- Decision Analytics – providing advanced analytics and tools to solve specific business problems
- Information Technology – IT Strategy and architecture, IT program management, data management and business intelligence, IT operations, system sustainment, cyber and emerging technologies
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector atwww.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Veterans Affairs Business Development Executive
Requisition ID: 041928