Grant Thornton LLP Senior Financial Systems Analyst in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Financial Management Advisory and Assurance service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. Our public sector team members find solutions that help government leaders with issues including acquisitions, financial management, human capital, information technology and performance management in federal, state, local and international governments.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES:. * Supports the Financial Management Directorate. * Assists the government with financial management operations. * Monitors and coordinates program resource allocations. * Supports Government representatives at meetings. * Supports the GEO-F and ORBIT systems, including future enhancements. * Understand the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution Cycle. * Develop and validate financial requirements. * Developing, maintaining, and supporting program schedules. * Business Case Development for financial business systems such as Geospatial Intelligence Financials (GEO-F) and Organization Requirements and Budgeting Information Tool (ORBIT). * Developing and maintaining system documentation and training materials. * Participating in joint meetings between NGA and NRO related to operations and maintenance of NGA’s Core Financial Systems. * Developing IV&V testing processes to validate financial results prior to implementing system enhancements with NGA’s Core Financial Systems. * Coordinating and participating in system engineering and technical exchange meetings to ensure quick resolution of architectural, design, system interoperability and policy issues. * Coordinating and participating in milestone events to include requirement reviews, design reviews, and program management reviews. * Coordinating with NGA and NRO security organizations facilitating security certification and accreditation documentation and activities such as security reviews and package submittals. * Developing reference architectures, implementation plans, concept of operations, exercise plans, data strategies, and process flows. * Developing and implementing financial business system enhancements for GEO-F and ORBIT. * Troubleshooting system related issues ranging from SF-133 reporting issues to IPBS issues related to ORBIT’s report intended to feed the ODNI’s IRIS system. * Supporting Financial Audit Readiness and Remediation Activities. * Developing and validating “as-is” and “to-be” business processes. * Assisting with process gap analysis and influence business transformation. * Developing, interpreting and revising accounting and finance systems policies and procedures system designs and requirements provide for the integrity of financial records. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (quantitative analytic focus).
- Analyses that involve complex technical parameter, acquisition and logistics requirements, schedule constraints, procurement (Desired).
- Experience in life cycle cost estimates utilizing various methodologies
- Business case development (Desired).
- Momentum Financials, IBM TM-1, COGNOS (Desired).
- Experience resolving FISCAM audit NFR (Desired).
- Implementation of financial systems (Desired).
- Understanding of NGA GEOINT Financials and reporting & NGA ORBIT (Desired).
- Required clearance of TS/SCI and a desire for a CI Polygraph.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector atwww.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Senior Financial Systems Analyst
Requisition ID: 036872