Grant Thornton LLP Senior Budget Analyst in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Financial Management Advisory and Assurance service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. Our public sector team members find solutions that help government leaders with issues including acquisitions, financial management, human capital, information technology and performance management in federal, state, local and international governments.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES:. * Provide financial management support to the FM IT Services (FMMT) to ensure cohesive program development and execution. This includes support for the planning,programming, budgeting, and execution (PPB&E) as well as resource management within CIO-T. * The contractor will serve as a member of the FMMT office to include duties to: * Assist the Government with financial management operations and budget analysis. * Support the Government in monitoring and coordinating program resource allocations. * Support Government representatives at meetings. * Enable planning, programming, budgeting and execution activities within CIO-T. * Assisting with overseeing resource management processes. * Support internal NGA program build activities, analysis, events, and documentation packages as designated by government leads. This includes, but is not limited to: * Gathering, maintaining, reviewing, and analyzing of program and budget data. * Developing and promulgating KC responsibilities associated with NGA’s internal * guidance packages as appropriate. * Support the development and publication of the IPBS/CBJB, IPBR/CJB, and President’s Budget exhibits (this includes all associated documentation, materials, and briefings as it relates to the KC’s program). * Support the development and preparation of budget Congressional testimony, briefing * materials, and responses to questions for the record, request for information, and various inquiries. * Provide support in preparation for and conducting program and budget reviews as well as preparation materials for KC leadership to attend meetings with ODNI, OSD, and OMB staff. * Support, develop, and prepare various PowerPoint/white paper briefings and presentations related to KC Financial Management matters, programs, and activities for senior level leadership. * Support the preparation and monitoring of Supplement/Over guidance requirements. * Support to NGA Program Mid-year and End-of-Year Execution Reviews. * Exercise a solid working knowledge and capability in the use of various spreadsheet, database, and Microsoft PowerPoint software. * Prepare deliverables in support of all of these tasks. These tasks may include technical and financial status briefings, meeting minutes and CBJB/CJB narrative. * Analyze and interpret complex budget and execution data. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Business Related).
- Detailed knowledge of NGA’s core mission and how its program, budgets and resources support (Desired).
- Demonstrated experience with DOD or other government agency budgetary or finance processes (Desired).
- Understanding of the U.S. Intelligence and DOD Funding Programs to include budgetary processes and funds execution (Desired).
- Experience researching, maintaining and presenting current and future budget analysis (Desired).
- Experience justifying/defending programs and budgets (Desired).
- Required clearance of TS/SCI and a desire for a CI Polygraph.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector atwww.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Senior Budget Analyst
Requisition ID: 036873