Grant Thornton LLP Senior Acquisition Specialist in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Operations Transformation service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Conduct activities required by the client system acquisition life cycle across all process stages for multiple programs. * Develop and update program management plans and life-cycle cost estimates. * Develop market research plans, analyses, and acquisition plans. * Compile and develop cost estimation and acquisition program baseline documentation. * Support the planning, programming, budgeting, and accountability process for resource allocation planning, congressional justifications, and acquisition planning. * Develop artifacts required by client and the systems engineering life cycle. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Certification in acquisition management such as DAWIA is desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Ability to communicate clearly with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively solve problems.
- Ability to pass a government background investigation, including financial, criminal, residential, educational, foreign affiliation, prohibited substance abuse, and employment verifications.
- Active U.S. Customs and Border Protection background investigation preferred. Please note that only U.S. citizens are eligible for a suitability determination.
- Previous work with CBP’s Integrated Fixed Tower (IFT), Remove Video Surveillance Systems (RVSS), Mobile and Agent-Centric Systems (MACS), and/or Field Surveillance Services (FSS) portfolios is a plus.
- 10 years’ experience and a Master’s degree in business, management, finance, or a related discipline; or 12 years and a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience supporting multi-functional technical engineering teams for large, complex programs
- Experience with DHS MD 102 and acquisition support for complex system acquisitions
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Senior Acquisition Specialist
Requisition ID: 042253