Grant Thornton LLP Scrum Master/Team Lead in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Manager to join its Enterprise Technology Strategy service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Manager will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * A Scrum Master/Team Lead must have experience managing Agile/Information Technology related projects and must be well versed in software development life cycle and project management methodologies. * Must have experience in tracking costs, schedule and performance progress. * Must be able to identify and mitigate risks. * We are looking for a Scrum Master/Team Lead with excellent communication skills who can work with key stakeholders/customers to support planning and delivery of technical IT development Agile projects. * The Scrum Master/Team Lead will specifically support Software Service Integration Services (SSIS) developers, Analysts with CDW experience, and lead Power BI Engineers who have expertise in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). * The Scrum Master/Team Lead will prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for project. They will also in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members. * The Scrum Master/Team Lead will support managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and help to implement an effective system of project governance. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- For this position, experience and knowledge of Healthcare and/or the Department of Veterans Affairs is preferred.
- 10 yrs and Masters Degree in engineering or related scientific/technical discipline.
- Successful in managing technical projects (e.g. Enhancements, SQL development, maintenance and issue mitigation)
- Successful in leading software/web development projects using Agile methodologies in teams (e.g. Business Analysts, Developers, Testers)
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Scrum Master/Team Lead
Requisition ID: 042621