Grant Thornton LLP Risk Advisory Senior Associate in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Risk Advisory service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Supporting all RMF activities. * Mapping of NIST security controls via the SP800-53 series or Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) to systems under FISMA or FedRAMP requirements. * Creation of the FIPS-199 content for the categorization of systems under FISMA and FedRAMP requirements. * Support to billable projects and clients for security compliance planning and documentation. * Creation of evidence and artifact repositories for system security plans tracking to applicable security controls. * Planning and leading system security plan approaches for development of Authorization to Operate (ATO) packages * Collaboration with security engineers and architects to ensure all controls are met through the design and build process. * Collaboration with systems engineers and architects for adjustments to design build activities to meet security controls and standards. * Support to security architect activity to meet security controls objectives. * Participation in client projects as a security Subject Matter Expert (SME) * Participation in proposal development as a security SME * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- CISSP, CISA, Security
- Must be familiar with FISMA and FedRAMP with a solid understanding of the NIST Special Publications (SP) and Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) series.
- Must have a basic understanding of information technology, networking, and cloud architectures.
- Basic understanding of operating systems and security baselines (e.g. DISA STIG, CIS, USGCB)
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to get a secret clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Risk Advisory Senior Associate
Requisition ID: 042036