Grant Thornton LLP Public Sector Proposal Manager in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. Our Public Sector (PS) State & Local practice is seeking aPublic Sector Proposal Manager. The Proposal Manager will be responsible for engaging in full life-cycle proposal development, including, story boarding/plan-to-write session, conducting compliance reviews, color team reviews, development of compliant outlines and matrices, and providing training and mentorship. The Proposal Manager will play a critical role in our PS Strategic Pursuits and the development of 100% compliant, compelling, and winning proposals.
Primary Responsibilities: * Works with the Capture Managers in supporting proposal teams through the proposal development life-cycle * Facilitates story board/plan-to-write sessions * Conducts proposal development training/mentor sessions with consulting staff * Conducts compliance and color team reviews * Performs full life cycle proposal development tasks * Identifies barriers to progress, plans and implements effective and efficient problem-solving and corrective action * Responsible for timeliness and quality control of deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a proposal, marketing, technical writing, or other related environment
- Significant knowledge of federal and state RFP submission processes
- Ability to develop, nurture and build internal and external relationships for proposal submission
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, and enthusiasm to work on tight deadlines
- Client service orientation
- Proficiency with all MS Office applications, including manipulation of MS Office built-in graphics tools
- Expert use of MS Word as a desktop publishing tool
- Proficiency in MS SharePoint
- Familiarity with MS SharePoint as a user.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector atwww.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Public Sector Proposal Manager
Requisition ID: 039251