Grant Thornton LLP Organizational Strategy Project Manager in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Strategy service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Lead client working groups to gain the political will and prioritization to facilitate expansion and fee initiatives, and establish the governance, infrastructure, and resources to collect, expend, and manage a user fee and increase the rate of expansion to eight posts per year. * Manage and support: program management and communications, governance and org design, internal ops, IT acquisition, Policy, Resources and facilities and Program expansion. * Support the development of Client’s Strategic Implementation Plan through Program Management and Project Management methodologies/work products including: * Strategic Implementation Plan * Program Charter * Stakeholder Management Plan * Stakeholder Analysis * Program Governance Plan * Program Management Plan * SWOT Analysis * RACI Matrix * Change Management and Communications Plan * Risk Management Plan * Quality Management Plan * Contract Management Plan * Manage the day-to-day work streams of junior resources * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Organizational design skills: strategic design of an org/department structure (i.e. span of control for org, etc.)
- Organizational Strategy skills- Knowledge of the creation, evaluation, & implementation of decisions within an organization that enables it to achieve its long-term and short-term objectives.
- Ability to review & assess the program/proj management capabilities and maturity of an organization.
- Strategic planning development and implementation experience.
- PMP cert preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Organizational Strategy Project Manager
Requisition ID: 040100