Grant Thornton LLP Junior Policy Analyst in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Strategy service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Responsible for supporting an agency-wide long-term strategic priority which aims to identify statutory, regulatory, and policy improvements to enhance the trade mission. Primarily responsibilities include stakeholder engagement, management, and coordination; project planning and management; meeting design and facilitation; and strategic thinking and planning. Individual will work directly with key clients at the leadership level. * Support planning, development, and execution of statutory, regulatory, and policy initiatives to improve the trade mission. * Lead and/or support development of project plans, executive level briefings, memos, talking points, and other deliverables. * Support the design and execution of client meetings including development of meeting agendas, facilitation guides, and associated meeting materials. * Provide support to PM for all Program Management activities as required. * Engage and manage client relationships on a daily basis * Support planning, execution of products/deliverables ensuring product quality and on time delivery. * Regularly facilitate client meetings; oversee meeting preparation/design and follow-up * Understand project needs propose approach/solutions. * Support project management activities including development of project plans and schedules. * Support development of clean, concise deliverables including briefings for senior government executives. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Experience with Stakeholder engagement and management, project strategic planning, meeting facilitation, organizational transformation, process improvement, change management methodologies.
- Think critically; problem solving; adaptability to dynamic client environment; strong verbal and written communications (confidence in presenting to senior executive and large groups of people).
- Support in developing meeting minutes/meeting summaries, scheduling/logistics.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Junior Policy Analyst
Requisition ID: 042281