Grant Thornton LLP Health and Human Services Business Development Executive in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking an experienced Health and Human Services Business Development Executive to drive growth in the Department of Health and Human Services.
Grant Thornton’s Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government create innovative solutions to their most pressing problems. We are passionate about accelerating the pace of change in government and lead the way for Healthcare in the 21st industry.
This is a unique senior management position, reporting directly to Grant Thornton partners and principals, to be an integral part of our Healthcare and Life Sciences leadership team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Collaborate closely with Grant Thornton team members to develop short and long term growth strategies * Lead business development activities such as capture, teaming, proposals, point of view whitepapers, and conference attendance * Develop a strong pipeline and lead capture and proposal activities on multiple concurrent opportunities * Represent the Grant Thornton brand and capabilities at conferences and other market-facing events * Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management. * Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work. * Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Act as performance manager (coach) for up to four coachees outside of engagement responsibilities. * Interview campus and/or experienced candidates.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of HHS consulting services experience
- Proven track record of growing business in the Federal healthcare market
- Strong HHS subject matter expertise and demonstrated relationship building skills
- Established professional network with government decision makers and potential teaming partners at one or more of the following operating divisions: Food and Drug Administration, National Institutes of Health, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Experience with managing the entire business development life cycle, including up front strategy, capture, and proposal delivery
- Experience with selling advisory services for a full service professional services firm.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector atwww.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Health and Human Services Business Development Executive
Requisition ID: 041926