Grant Thornton LLP Data Management Systems Analyst in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Technology Strategy & Management service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Responsible for designing and implementing information systems that will adequately support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization. * Analyzes system requirements and defines system architecture that will meet business needs, including server infrastructure, capacity planning, storage requirements, and networking protocols. * Ensures that architecture project roll-outs meet security standards and be effectively integrated with current applications. * May supervise and guide the work of lower-level architects. * Works on the largest and most complex infrastructure architecture projects. Requires a bachelor's degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to Manager. Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. Works autonomously. * Goals are generally communicated in solution or project goal terms. May provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in the area of specialization. * Provide a depth and breadth of expertise in establishing, populating, and maintaining enterprise architecture repositories and data asset catalogs * Provide a depth and breadth of expertise in information and data architecture, management, governance, and best practices including the ability for the Contractor to reach back into their organization for specialized expertise to meet client evolving * mission priorities. * Provide a depth and breadth of expertise in machine learning, artificial intelligence, entity extraction, semantic analysis, enterprise search, entity correlation and analysis, auto-categorization, visualization, analytics, and automated taxonomy generation tools and capabilities, including the ability for the Contractor to reach back into their organization for specialized expertise to meet evolving mission priorities. * Provide a depth and breadth of expertise in conducting pilot efforts that apply technology to real world problems, identifying appropriate tools, managing the planning and execution of the pilot effort, compiling and interpreting results and findings for multiple audiences, and including reach back into their organization for specialized expertise. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Experience with complex Information and Data Architecture development at the enterprise, segment, and solution levels.
- Knowledge and experience in using enterprise architecture tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Data Management Systems Analyst
Requisition ID: 041592