Grant Thornton LLP Cost Analyst in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Advanced Digital Technology and Analytics service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
*Please Note: This role is located at the Pentagon
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Leverage tools such as Python / R / Tableau / PowerBi / SQL to pull data needed for cost model development. * Develop complex costing models using Excel to include such elements as contract costs, DoD manpower costs, hardware/software costs, and other infrastructure costs. * Understand and incorporate existing statutory, regulatory or policy requirements that may constrain implementation of best practices. * Support development of an analytical approach that measures improved capability / outcomes in addition to Total Cost of Ownership to compared value. * Provides comprehensive planning, programming, budgeting, and execution support to the DoD client. * Provide budget artifact requirements such as but not limited to issue papers, More Disciplined Use of Resources (MDUR) worksheet submissions, and changes to Financial Systems and Authoritative Data Sources (ADS). * Authors and edits inputs to the Congressional Justification Book on behalf of the Chief Information Officer. * Leverages financial data analysis to inform, multi-year resource objectives, priorities, and implications. * Formulates, justifies, and executes program budgets in accordance with strategic plans, program objectives, and approved battle-rhythms. * Routinely tracks program execution (e.g., allocation, obligation, and expenditure rates) to ensure fiscal responsibility and maximize outcomes. * Effectively manages program budgets to ensure time-phased allocations and execution milestones align with the detailed resource plan. * Facilitate internal understanding of technical concepts through information sharing, and cross-team collaboration. * Collaborates with technical and budget counterparts to support program management efforts. * Identifies changing conditions, trends, and risks to decipher organizational impacts and recommended mitigations. * Collaborates with colleagues to produce valid and accurate written technical and financial content for various products (e.g., briefings, narratives, and justifications). * Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. * Support brief development and visualization / communication of data and analysis from the models. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Secret Clearance required.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and synthesize complex financial data into digestible and informative graphics and written content.
- A self-starter, capable of seamless work as an individual and in a team. Demonstrated competency of financial standards and practices.
- Experience delivering excel-based cost analysis tools, financial management tools, and dashboards for senior decision makers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational and functional responsibilities within DoD
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Cost Analyst
Requisition ID: 042664