Grant Thornton LLP Business Requirements Analyst in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Enterprise Technology Strategy service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * A Business Requirements Analyst must have experience working with and analyzing, eliciting, and documenting business requirements (epics, sub-epics, user stories, process flows etc.) in an Agile capacity and be familiar with the Software Development Lifecycle. The BA should have strong analytical skills and experience in working with customer requirements supporting design and development of web sites/pages/applications assuring the overall look and feel along with workflows that meet customer needs. * We are looking for a BA with excellent communication skills who can work with key stakeholders to prioritize a backlog of requirements for several scrum teams for rapid development. * The BA should have experience working technical projects where both front-end and back-end development and testing were conducted (with and without a User Interface). * The BA will be responsible for assessing if requirements are met or not met by working closely with testing teams and briefing key stakeholders. * The BA will be required to learn various software tools including Rational Team Concert (RTC) and Quality Manager. * The BA must have experience working Agile development projects and familiarity with Scrum. The BA may have previously served in a product owner or scrum master role and has knowledge of SAFe. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- 5-10 years of experience and Bachelors or Masters in engineering, or related scientific/technical discipline (8-10 years additional experience in lieu of degree)
- Extensive experience in working with customer requirements on Agile projects (epics, sub epics, user stories etc.)
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience using third party software to capture requirements (e.g. JIRA, RTC etc.)
- Healthcare or VA experience (Preferred)
- CSM or CSPO certification (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Business Requirements Analyst
Requisition ID: 042623