Grant Thornton LLP Accountant III, CPA in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking an Manager to join its Risk Advisory service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Manager will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * OMB A-123 Financial and IT controls: govern and enhance framework to ensure identification of financial and IT controls per OMB-A123; * Audit Response/Coordination: mature and enhance audit infrastructure for efficient and sufficient audit response and coordination; * Audit Coaches: provide strategic guidance and technical assistance for all phases of audit preparation and remediation; and, * Accounting Policy analysis to develop and implement DON policy and guidance. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Secret Clearance required.
- Minimum Experience: Experience in financial statement compilation and reporting process as well as audit response and remediation in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or Statements of Federal Financial Accounting Standards (SFFAS).
- Minimum Certification: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed by a State licensing agency.
- Minimum of full-time (excluding internships) 7 years of experience within the past 10 years of progressive experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Accountant III, CPA
Requisition ID: 041632